Wigwam Village

Wigwam Village

The City of Litchfield Park was created by Paul Litchfield, an executive of Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company, in the 1920s as a town center for a massive cotton production facility operating on 36,000 acres in the West Valley of Phoenix. In 1929, the Wigwam Resort in Litchfield Park was opened primarily to accommodate executives visiting the Goodyear operations.
 
Today the City of Litchfield Park is an oasis of golf courses, the Wigwam resort, and high income neighborhoods, surrounded by densely populated areas. The city generates the majority of its operating budget from the resort and a retail sales tax.
 
In 2014, J. Richard Hill & Co was engaged by the City of Litchfield to examine 160 acres of undeveloped land to determine their viability for retail development. We found a market potential for another 500,000 square feet of retail space.
 
Based on the market demand we create a new village center plan that integrated the Wigwam resort into a desert garden environment with courtyards, paseos, and promenades.